Tuesday, April 24, 2012

December 23, 2010

I had a date. This is the third, "formal" date I've had in 5 months. So, the man is making me dinner--Taiwanese, to be exact.

I told him I would surprise him with an American dessert. I drove to Walmart to pick something up (SO classy). I got the ingredients I needed and went out to my car. It wouldn't start. There was no budge, no light, nothing. Come on, it had to stop working NOW?! So there I was, standing in the freezing parking lot of Walmart with a cute outfit and my hair all curled, trying to pathetically lift the hood to see if it's possibly just a bad battery connection...and I can't even get the hood up! I felt like an idiot. So I called my parents to come pick me up.

They drove me to my date's apartment. They waved goodbye, both looking out of the car window with a 'thumbs up' as my date opened his front door, and they drove off giggling. 


*Apparently in Taiwan, if you whistle inside, it is calling evil spirits into the house. I had a really good song stuck in my head and whistled up a storm. Whoops. Thankfully he had a sense of humor...

No comments:

Post a Comment