Monday, May 14, 2012

midnight pass

I took a walk in the night-time
as the rain fell, I smiled to see
an appropriate name bestowed upon
this street I walked, called midnight pass

I crossed corners, construction
countless cubicles semi lit and empty
night draped its lonesome upon my body
but my whimsical spirit pressed on

to my dismay, stirring caused broken silence
glowing eyes, and a wiry black tail
this feline watched my every move
I paused, and knelt with invitation

non-chalant, a curled back it gave
as this creature's curiosity crept up to me
it shared affection but would not stay
and I watched it blend into the darkness

yet I saw another on this pass, so peculiar
the yin to the previous yang
it moved quickly with its countervailing white coat
carefully into the tall, dark grass

On my night-time walk on midnight pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment