Tuesday, March 4, 2014

God is love.

The purpose of an animal: to reproduce, to eat, to sleep. To maintain their species. Does altruism exist within the animal kingdom? Are animals capable of selfless charity, forgiveness, or the ability to self actualize? Our bodies are made from the dust of the earth--the same matter as trees. Waters. Mountains.
Our spirits are not. What is my purpose? Is it to simply survive, like the rest of this ecosystem? This is a mere question asked, since man has searched for meaning yet, predictably no unanimous conclusion has been found.
There is abstract thought. I can love. I can sacrifice. I have the brain capacity to choose what is left, what is right, and to feel what is dark, and what is light. My purpose is greater than this world--I just know it. But my substance is (handsheadheart) limiting.
A curious mind is a melancholy one.
The desire to comprehend a tangent purpose is almost as quenching as vinegar.
We are impermanent matter, but our spirits are eternal.
A spiritual mind is a rested one.
"I think...therefore I am"
[an existential crisis.]

No comments:

Post a Comment