Wednesday, March 12, 2014

a match

Within the last 5 years:

Kentucky, Indiana, Rexburg, Seattle, SLC, Brazil, Colorado, Florida, and back to Lexington.

Impermanent. My life, that is. My goal? To find stability. I like the idea, but my follow through isn't that great. I like the night time. I like painting my fingernails. I like fruit smoothies. I like being alone.

here's a silly analogy.

To light a match, you need to be firm. Swift. With purpose.
But if that same energy isn't maintained in keeping the flame, it will quickly go out. This little flame should be nurtured. Cared for.
You can throw on lighter fluid to give the illusion of a larger fire, but without providing the adequate energy source, it will go out faster than once it began.
The same goes for human relations.

No comments:

Post a Comment