Sunday, February 25, 2018

Angels

Stubborn and fierce
I both stumbled and grew
Yet the prayers of my angels 
did carry me through

No mans devise,
To whom credit is due
Was it fate or good luck?
I haven’t a clue

Why such gifts I was given?
I unseemly receive 
There are angels surrounding
As I struggle to believe

Like water in hand
cupped in place and then spilt
Grasping for answers 
When nothing was felt 

I look inwards to reflect
To muster courage in me
I seek for inner guidance 
To set myself free

To touch is to feel 
To think is to know
To rely on my flesh 
Just to learn how to grow

I envy the ones
Who give it their all 
With faith in the unseen 
Even when they do fall 

But that’s not my lot
And the burden I bare
Is to learn to see and feel
The angels that are there

Eyes closed and hands clenched
I will stumble and grow
Yet the prayers of my angels 

Will carry me home

No comments:

Post a Comment